Our CEO and Director of Primary School Improvement deliver a structured school improvement programme that provides expert support to headteachers and senior staff. The programme includes:
- Emergency support. 24/7 leadership support for headteachers and other senior staff when appropriate.
- School visits. Regular school visits scheduled as and when requested to support headteachers and school staff, including visits to recognise special events/achievements or to raise morale.
- Strategic Meetings. Minimum of six meetings for each school every year. Focus on leadership, standards, teaching & learning and behaviour/attendance through the school’s own Improvement Plan or Ofsted Action Plan.
- Strategic documents. Support for school production of School Improvement Plan and School Evaluation Form.
- School performance review. Involving headteachers, SLT and governors. Review of data and identification of key priorities and strategies to secure improvement in performance.
- Ofsted support. Including preparing for an inspection and support during and after an inspection.
- Headteacher and leadership coaching. Supporting new headteachers through mentoring and induction. Regular visits and meetings. Working on documents and presentations. Strategies for staff management.
- Whole School Reviews – one day school review covering leadership, curriculum management, teaching and learning through observations, book scrutiny, pupil meetings, staff interviews, document review. Full report produced for school and governors to review and act upon. Participation includes a headteacher/senior leader from another CLT school for professional development and external experts where appropriate.